I was absent for awhile since we were in Cuba and didn’t have access to fast and cheap Internet. My husband and I then had to get packed, organized and take the daunting trip back to China. Truly I missed blogging and getting together in the cyberspace with my blogging friends. Imagine my joy when shortly after my return I was nominated for not one, but TWO blog awards!
Thanks so much to Meg at megtravelling for her nomination of the Beautiful Blogger Award. Also a new blog and blogging friend nominated me for the Super Sweet Award. Thanks so much to Marcella over at For Your Good Health. How ‘sweet’ of her to nominate me. It is always nice to be recognised and after returning to work at 100 miles per hour it is a blessing to have something nice happen.
Now down to business…
Beautiful Blogger award
The requirements are:
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award.
The nominations for the beautiful blog award have inspired me in some way with great stories, photos or both! Check them out because I am sure you will enjoy what they have to offer. They are truly beautiful.
1. Gilly http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/
2. Retiring Sort http://theretiringsort.com/
3. Henricus http://environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com/
5. News of the Times http://newsofthetimes.org/about/
6. Feists Great Escape http://thefeistsgreatescape.wordpress.com/
7. Dear Bliary (first and fabulous) http://firstandfabulous.wordpress.com/
The Sweet Award is fun and has questions to make you drool…
The Rules for the “Super Sweet Award” :
1. Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
2. Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
Super Sweet questions:
1. Cookies or Cake?
Depends on my mood and what is available. If the choice is cookies or chocolate eruption cake then it is cake. If it is chocolate chip cookies (especially oatmeal chocolate chip) then cookies. My dilemma would be if there is both… well how often does that happen? So then just maybe I’ll have both please
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate any day if the week!
3. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Chocolate especially when it has Carmel inside.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
When stressed… in the winter… or sometimes after a meal…. oh heck ALL the time
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
Lollipop? I don’t know maybe I should ask my husband to help me with this one.
Baker’s Dozen Nominees:
1. Jennifer – http://laavventura.wordpress.com/
2. Immie – http://mybyeworld.com/
3. Meg Travels http://megtraveling.com/2012/08/19/a-second-year-of-travel/
4. Island Travller-http://thismansjourney.net/2012/08/22/weekly-image-of-life-passion-2
5. Third Eye Mom- http://thirdeyemom.com/
6. Jo Bryant- http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/
7. Marianne- http://eastofmalaga.wordpress.com/
8. Jeni- http://joyandwoe.wordpress.com/
10 Wanderlust – http://thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com/
11 Beedie- http://mentalhealthed.com/
12 Anita Mac- http://traveldestinationbucketlist.com/
13 Aly – http://algarveblog.net/
These are really sweet blogs and the people are super nice. I thank them for their support, comments, help, kind words and caring as my little blog has grown and (hopefully) gotten better because of them.
Again thank you to everyone for the nominations and just as important YOU dear readers for all your likes, comments and visits each day. It makes me smile each time I log on and see that someone out there has taken the time to visit, comment or ‘like’ what I am doing.
Well it appears I am running out of weekend and after working at home all day Saturday, going into work today, the photo challenges and the awards blog I have run out of time to do another post on Cuba as I promised. So please stay tuned for more… next weekend (if not before).