It has been some time since I have been nominated for an award and as I thought about it not soon after I was nominated by TVOR for the Versatile Blogger Award. I got it an early Monday morning as I was running off to work and meant to post and pay it forward that weekend. That was October! Oops. Well it was somewhat forgotten until today when Free But Fun nominated me for an ABC Award. Then the gasp of air came as I went oh no I STILL haven’t posted on the one from a
few weeks back. After searching my comments sections I luckily found it with ease. With 185 pages or more of comments it could have turned into a needle in haystack moment.
I love getting awards and I am always honoured that someone has picked lil’ ole me for such things. The hard part comes next when you have to nominate others. Who should I pick? I hate to offend and miss someone or leave someone out. I haven’t been a good blogger of late and reading and visiting as much as I would like. It seems work keeps getting busier and I barely have time to post let alone visit. My posts have also been bland and only photo challenges of late. With little time to explore the city and less time to post I have lost some of my creative flair and juices. Please forgive. *Sigh* so here it goes… my nominations.
1. Patchwork Ponderings – a little of this and that. A true patchwork of wonderful photos, musings and inspiration
2. Free But Fun – a new blog that found me and nominated me for the ABC Award. She posts on things that are free but fun to do 🙂
3. Ninna – another blog that found me… I have seen some wonderful pictures on her blog.
4. Jennifer – Another expat Canadian living in Italy. She has a variety of things to show us in Sardinia including some awesome photos and travel information.
5. First and Fabulous – I always enjoy stopping by and checking out her cool photos for the photo challenges.
6. Practicing Simplicity – recently she has moved to Nepal and has shown us some great views and examples of life there.
7. Lucid Gypsy – great photos and some poetry too.
The rules ask for 8 and 15 nominations, but I feel putting a number on how many only adds to the pressure, so nominate as many as you wish. More or less -you decide.
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award. (as above nominate as many as you wish)
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Canadian Travel Bugs
1. I love photography and will spend most of my holiday taking hundreds of photos.
2. I wish I could come up with a grand idea and write children’s books for a living.
3. I have travelled more than anyone in my family combined!
4. I got 100% on a university exam!
5. We are going to Cambodia to see the temples of Angkor Watt this Christmas.
6. I have over 5000 emails in my work email (mainly because you never know when you may need to go back and use it for something… which I have many times).
7. I have been in China nearly 4 years and know little of the language, although I can read pinyin (English form of the language using the western alphabet). However, I don’t know what I am reading!
- Add the ABC logo to your new blog post.
- ABC about yourself using one word or phrase.
- Nominate however many blogs you wish.
- Let the recipient know via a link in their comments.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to this blog post.
I was nominated for the ABC award March 2012 and I like my Abc’s so I will post them again. I have changed and updated a few though…
A. Ancient Architecture & Australia
B. Brilliant Barcelona & Beijing
C. Crazy Canadians – Canadian Travel Bugs
D. Delicious Dumplings
E. Excited & Honoured to be Selected for ABC
F. Frequent Fireworks
G. Great Wall & Gelato
H. Hustle and Bustle of Hong Kong
I. Interesting Italy & I with iPad will travel
J. John, my husband
K. Kindle or not to Kindle?
L. Loves to Travel
M. Mayan Ruins in Mexico
N. Natural Niagara Falls
O. Outside Ontario
P. Phabulous Philippines – Coco Beach
Q. Quick & Quirky Wit
R. Ruins in Rome
S. Sassy & Sensational Shanghai – my new home
T. Teaching & Trailing Spouse
U. Unique travel experiences
V. Vivid & Vivacious Varadero, Cuba; Vibrant Vietnam
W. Wish to Travel More
X. Xi’an & (e)Xpat abroad
Z. Zany Zebras to see one day
Thanks again ladies for the nominations. Be sure to check out some of these blogs. I am sure you won’t be disappointed.