Recently we went up the Pearl Tower here in Shanghai. It is an interesting building that has pink coloured glass and round ball shapes. Certainly not your traditional straight lines and rectangular shaped building. Word has it that the name came from the round balls, similar to pearls. It was the tallest building in Shanghai at the start of the building boom. The Pearl Tower was completed in 1994.
One of the upper decks has a glass floor where you can view the streets below. Looking through my photos I loved the circular shape. I loved looking down at the round pedestrian walkway and round about. I thought that would be a cool idea for this month’s Tourist in Your Town photo challenge – ROUND.
Now you don’t need to go to a tall building to get your shot. Just look (a)round you and show us something in your backyard, from your street or skyline. It can be round in shape, or hey maybe it could even be something that has been (a)round a long time. Get creative!
How to join in:
- take a photo or search your files for something that fits the theme round
- use Round and Tourist in Your Own Town in the tags and title of your post
- link back to this post, so others may join
- add a link to your post in the comments below, so others can find you
- have fun… this challenge is up a bit early and lasts the month of April before a new theme will be posted
Be sure to check out my post from earlier today for WP theme street scenes.