YIPEE! I am over the Super Moon… I was passed along another award earlier this week. It has been a busy with work and a computer course for most of my Saturday so this is the first chance I have had to post and nominate other bloggers 🙂
Well not really my first chance because as I was about to do this earlier, but instead I ended up writing about Vietnam. But in my defence the thoughts just flowed and before I realised I had typed my final installment of our Vietnam adventures… so now that I have time to reflect and nominate let’s explore this new award 🙂
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award to 7 nominees
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
To Dave & Aly over at “the thought palette” for their nomination. I am truly honoured. I have been blogging almost 2 years and in the last 2 months things have exploded! I went from a few hits a week to double digits a day not to mention followers, likes and loads of comments all due to awards and encouragement from my new online friends. I appreciate your help in answering my questions, your follow and now nomination 🙂 I just don’t have the words to express thank you enough… so to steal from a speech I gave last year… hopefully one of these is enough… Merci, Grazie, Gracias, Xie Xie, Danke Schon and Muito Obrigado.
Here are my nominations:
1. Jennifer Avventura at My Sardinian Life – Jennifer nominated me twice before (my first 2 awards ever) and has inspired my writing and helped me grow as a blogger. She is also Canadian Eh… and an expat. She writes about her adventures in Sardinia, Italy. Check it out!
2. Imogen Shepard at It’s a Strange Life – I checked out this blog through the Weekly Photo Challenges and when I saw her pic of her cat with her hamster I was hooked! I had taken a similar shot years ago of Holly (cat) & Critter (hamster). Her kind words about Holly has helped my sadness, so from one cat lover to another…
3. Island Traveller – the writing is so poetic and romantic. Each blog helps you see the good in things and remind you about the simple things in life. Reading his words are inspiring and heals the soul. Island traveller also takes part in the photo challenges and shares some amazing shots.
3. Wanderlust – I did nominate this blog last time, but I enjoy reading this blog and her great outlook on life was worth another mention. Check out her beautiful photos, many of flowers right in her yard! Wanderlust has had a tough week so I hope this brightens her day and doesn’t get lost in a million emails 😉
4. The Great Escape – Amazing pictures and talk about travel. Somehow another Canadian… wait is there a pattern emerging here? We Canadians are like magnets we attract each other no matter where we are!
5. Happiest Baby in the World – I found this blog when it was Freshly Pressed a few weeks back. They are neighbours here and at home (US originally and also Expats here in China). They are living more inland China and posted about all the great things that we experience here in China. I could totally relate!
6. Til We have Faces – A few months back Lee posted the most AMAZING shots on Angkor Wat in Cambodia. It is a place we want to go and seeing the stunning images made us want to go even more. More recent posts are about living in South Korea.
7. Jo Bryant –Chronicles of Illusions Through the photo challenge I stumbled upon this blog… Lovely photos and words…
8. Third Eye Mom – who loves to travel maybe even more than me!
OK I know there are more than 7, but last time I was supposed to nominate 12 or 14 and I could not think of enough, so I am bending the rules a little ;). Since the last award I have been reading more blogs and following some great people. Check them out!
Share 7 things about myself
1. I am long winded… and I like to talk 😉 I bet you didn’t know that one.
2. I am sarcastic and have an odd sense of humour… I even call my dad from China just to tell him a good joke! But he loves them as much as me!!!
3. I love to travel, take pictures and scrapbook… I have been lucky to find a husband who also likes to get out and explore.
4. I have read a huge number of books this year (I lost count). When I was younger I would get a stack from the library and before they were due I’d go back and get another stack… I missed that. Now I don’t have the time to read that many these days but I’m trying. Does reading blogs count?
5. I watch way too much TV… Being in China I download some shows from home, but when the internet is slow it is hard to keep up 😦 it is a source of huge frustration here and something at home we took for granted.
6. I love the sun and when it is shining I seem to come alive 😉
7. I love chocolate… my husband thinks I love it even more than him 😉
Thanks for reading, following and liking 🙂 I am truly honoured with my new-found friends and old ones who have been along for the ride. Check out these great bloggers they are worth it! Now my job is done and nominees tag your it!
Stay tuned… next time back to life in China, or maybe a photo challenge if WP posts a new one.