Last spring I started to post on Tourist in Your Own Town and encouraged others to join in. A few months ago as a suggestion to make it more regular I started to set a theme as a monthly challenge, which I will post the first weekend of each new month. The month of December I posted on Holidays and asked you to share what celebrations look like where you live. I posted a unique crystal christmas tree at a local hotel here in Shanghai. Last night we went out and around to see some lights along Century Avenue. A few weeks ago the twinkling bright blue and white lights caught my attention and I knew I needed to get up close. Around the JingMao Tower, World Financial Tower (or Bottle Opener as it is referred to here), and Shanghai Tower, which is still under construction, we captured these lights.
Today at the Kerry Parkside in Pudong I spotted this Polar Express display. A super huge mountain of ‘snow’ and train. Each season they seem to out-do themselves with some sort of seasonal splendor.
It is not too late to join in the challenge. Here are the details if you want to share a post and be a Tourist in Your Own Town.
The rules …
- post a picture(s) for this month’s theme: HOLIDAYS
- link to my post Holidays: Tourist in Your Own Town (or this one #2)
- add a link to your post in the comment section below (so others can find you too )
- add the tag TOURIST IN YOUR OWN TOWN to your post
- use TOURIST IN YOUR OWN TOWN in the title of your post
- have fun clicking examples of the holidays
Next weekend we are off to Cambodia for Christmas, so stayed tuned for more adventures and travels around Asia.